The Idaho Native Plant Society (INPS) sponsors the Education, Research, and Inventory Grant (ERIG) Program which seeks to stimulate and promote research, conservation and educational activities which contribute to the appreciation, conservation, or knowledge of Idaho’s native flora or plant communities. Projects should provide a better understanding of native flora. Applicants are encouraged to submit a proposal describing a project, the way it benefits Idaho native plants and habitats, and how funds would be used to benefit.
You can donate to the ERIG Program using PayPal. Your donations to this program allow us to award additional funds to grantees or increase the number of grantees in a year. Undertaking new initiatives while supporting our existing programs depends on the investments our members and friends make in INPS and its goals in promoting conservation and education. Please consider making a donation!
Announcement and application procedure
This announcement describes the current application procedure and the requirements which the applicant must follow. Successful awardees must submit a final report to the INPS ERIG Committee documenting the project and its accomplishments. In addition a summary of the project is to be submitted to be published in the INPS newsletter, Sage Notes.
- The 2021 Grant Solicitation Announcement will be posted on this webpage and in the INPS newsletter Sage Notes when the announcement becomes available.
- The 2020 Grant Solicitation Announcement was posted in the INPS newsletter
Sage Notes September 2019. The deadline for submittal was January 15, 2020 and has passed.
- 2019 ERIG Program Announcement 1-page 8.5×11 pdf (Please note 2019 date is March 31, 2019)
- 2018 ERIG Program Announcement 1-page 8.5×11 pdf (Please note 2018 date is March 31, 2018)
- 2017 ERIG Program Announcement 1-page 8.5×11 pdf (Please note 2017 date is March 31, 2017)
- 2016 ERIG Program Announcement 1-page 8.5×11 pdf
- 2015 ERIG Program Announcement 1-page 8.5×11 pdf
- 2014 ERIG Program Announcement 1-page 8.5×11 pdf
- 2013 ERIG Program Announcement 1-page 8.5×11 pdf
- 2012 ERIG Program Announcement 1-page 8.5×11 pdf
- 2011 ERIG Program Announcement 1-page 8.5×11 pdf
Chapter Grant Announcement and application procedure
White Pine Chapter also supports a grant program. Information can be found at
White Pine Grant Program.