Hosted by the Pahove (Boise) Chapter
Located in McCall, Idaho
Friday, July 12 to Monday, July 15, 2019
Don’t miss this year’s annual meeting. Despite keen competition from other INPS annual meetings, we guarantee that you’ll find this meeting valuable and enjoyable. See you in July!
REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
Please completely fill out the registration form below and mail it with your payment to the Pahove Chapter treasurer listed on the form.
(The registration fee covers the pavilion rental, potluck items for Friday, the senior center rental, folders/printing (agenda, maps, plant lists)/name tags/etc., and magnets. The banquet dinner fee covers the meal only.)
A full agenda including all of the details that you may need to plan your trip can be found in the June announcement below. This includes changes to the schedule.
The Pahove Chapter is delighted to announce that the 2019 INPS annual meeting will be held in McCall, Idaho Friday, July 12, 2019-Monday, July 15, 2019. Located in central Idaho, McCall is about 5 hours S of Coeur d’Alene, 5.5 hours NW of Pocatello and 2 hours N of Boise, a location convenient for many members across the state to attend.
Our activity base will be the Peninsula Campground at Ponderosa State Park next to Payette Lake. Pahove has reserved 11 campsites and a pavilion. This area of the Park has water and electric hook-ups, picnic tables, and bathhouses with flush toilets and hot showers. There are many local recreational opportunities besides botanizing: biking, bird watching, boating, hiking, brew pubs etc.
We also will have exciting give-a-ways and a silent auction to raise funds for ERIG.
Memorable, exciting field trips will accommodate easy and moderate to strenuous activity levels. Easy hikes will be a half day on mostly level terrain. Moderate to strenuous hikes will be all day with significant elevation gain and/or distance.
Schedule of Events
- Check in/registration/information packets 12pm-6pm at the Peninsula Shelter, Ponderosa State Park
- Twin Peaks Nursery Tour (51 E Lake Fork Rd, McCall, ID 83638) Charlie’s Garden (Sylvan Creek Road McCall, Idaho 83638) 1pm-2pm
- INPS State Board meeting 3pm-5pm
- Potluck at the Peninsula Shelter 6pm (Please bring something to share with our group. We will provide the main course, grilled BBQ burgers/hotdogs with fixings and condiments.)
- Lichen/Bryophyte Workshops led by Roger Rosentreter, retired BLM botanist/lichenologist, and Alma Hanson, retired USFS botanist, followed by field explorations around Ponderosa State Park to view some spectacular specimens (Bring your hand lens)
- Charlie’s Garden Tour
- Granite Mountain (An easy hike will take you around a meadows/riparian community with Saxifraga bryophora var.tobiasiae. The moderate/strenuous hike will venture to the lookout on top of the mountain with views of the Salmon River Mtns and Seven Devils of Hells Canyon.)
- Banquet Dinner/Business Meeting at McCall Senior Citizen Center (701 1st Street) from 6pm- 7:30pm/Keynote Speaker 7:30pm-8:30pm (Barbara Ertter, retired curator of Botany Univ. of CA, Berkley-Flora and Geology of the McCall area). A silent auction to raise funds for ERIG will also take place Saturday evening 6pm-8:30pm. Announcements will be made just prior to close of evening events.
- No Business Lookout (This is one of the last remaining lookouts of a set spanning McCall to Fairfield, a showcase that was originally built by the Civilian Conservation Corps in the 1930s. Easy/Moderate)
- Lick Creek Summit (A beautiful subalpine forest with open rock outcrops and seeps/ponds abound. Easy/Moderate)
- Dinner on your own
Monday-Optional Field Trip (Meanders kayak/canoe trip)
If you are curious about where we have held previous annual meetings, what chapter hosted, and what the areas we explored looked like, then please click on the link below.