Pahove Chapter Monthly Presentations
We are finally underway with our 2017 season, now that the weather has subsided. Regular presentations will be held on the second Tuesday of each month at the MK Nature Center from October through April. The MKNC is located at 600 S. Walnut Street behind Fish and Game headquarters. Presentations start at 7pm. Come join us!
This schedule is subject to change.
Adventures in Gardening with Native Plants
“The Tuesday Trifecta, three presentations, all in one night”
Garden City is the first city in Idaho to be listed as a “Bee City”. Judy Snow will give a brief talk on
how she and the Chinden Gardener’s Club are working for pollinators and how they got their city listed.
“A Ghost in the Making, Searching for the Rusty-patched Bumblebee”
A 20 minute film about searching for the once abundant native pollinator.
As of January 10, 2017, the first bee in the continental united states to be listed under the Endangered Species Act.
I-Naturalist with Dr. Charles Peterson of ISU
Dr. Peterson will teach us how we can contribute to Science by using our
devices to record and share our findings with scientific data repositories.
Apr. 11th (to be determined)
Apr. 28th and 29th: Pahove Chapter Annual Native Plant Sale
(28th members only) and (29th public welcome)
INPS PAHOVE CHAPTER
2016 Plant Sale Details
Click below to discover previous plant sales
Wildflowers of Southern Idaho Coloring Book
Take this coloring book along with you when you are hiking, photographing, or simply enjoying the outdoors. Published by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and the Pahove Chapter of the Idaho Native Plant Society, this coloring book may be reproduced but not sold. Share it with every child you know!
In the Boise area (plant suppliers)
- Buffalo-Berry Farm email@example.com. Jim Crawford, Margo Conits, (208) 634-3062, 51 E Lake Fork Rd, McCall ID 83638
- Draggin’ Wing High Desert Nursery waterthriftyplants.com firstname.lastname@example.org (plants, demo gardens and landscape design). Diane Jones, (208) 345-4199, 5300 Stinger St, Boise ID 83703
In the Boise area (landscapers)
- Flutterby Gardens Landscaping LLC flutterbygardensmelissa@.gmail.com. Elisa Clark (208) 571-2170, 3777 W. Chinden, Boise (affiliated with North End Organic Nursery NEON)
- Madeline George Garden Design Nursery email@example.com. Kecia Carlson (208) 941-1252, 10550 W Hill Rd Pkwy, Boise 83714
- Peggy Faith 850-9981, Xeric Gardening firstname.lastname@example.org
Many other landscapers also may install buffalo grass and blue grama grass plugs.
- Karie Pappani, President – pahove.chapter.president [at] gmail.com
- Elaine Walker, Vice President – highprairielandscapedesign [at] yahoo.com
- Daniel Murphy, Secretary
- Caroline Morris, Treasurer – fleursmorris [at] gmail.com
- Susan Ziebarth, Venue Coordinator – susan.ziebarth [at] idfg.idaho.gov
Write to the Pahove chapter at email@example.com