Pahove Chapter Monthly Presentations
We are gearing up for the start of our 2017/2018 season. September is almost here, bringing a new season jam packed with informative and interesting topics. Presentations are on the second Tuesday of each month at the MK Nature Center from October through April. The MKNC is located at 600 S. Walnut Street behind Fish and Game headquarters. Announcements and presentations start at 7pm.
(Presentation topics below are brief. More details will be provided via email and/or postcard.)
September 12th-6pm-Kick-off party at the Idaho Botanical Garden plaza with special announcement regarding naming of a new Lomatium .
October 10th-7pm-Education and Enrichment awardee, Peggy Faith, talks about her trip to the National Native Seed Conference in DC
November 14th-7pm-Martha Brabec, City of Boise Restoration Specialist, discusses efforts to restore TableRock post-fire.
December 12th-7pm-Jim Smith, Don Mansfield, and/or students describe new Lomatium findings.
Board Position Openings
- supports native plant demonstration gardens at schools, local businesses, in our city, and other surrounding areas across the Treasure Valley
- supports native plant restoration projects, such as the Yankee Fork project, the Birds of Prey Center project, and the Boise River project
- funds native plant related publications, such as the Native Plant Coloring Book and Mirabilis brochure
- funds teaching materials, such as field guides
- sponsors plant workshops, such as the Astragalus, Brassicaceae, and Aquatics workshops
- sponsors and staffs the Idaho Rare Plant Conference
- hosts an annual Native Plant Sale
- donates to the MK Nature Center
- donates to the Idaho Botanical Garden, Native Plant Garden
- donates to the ERIG (Education, Research, and Inventory Grant)
- offers Education and Enrichment awards for our members
- offers monthly presentations (Oct.-April) to explore botany, nature, and scientific topics
- offers field tours/field trips to members
- offers comaraderie
- stays informed about conservation issues and shares information with our chapter members
- stays connected with our community
INPS PAHOVE CHAPTER
2017 Plant Sale Details
Click below to discover previous plant sales
Wildflowers of Southern Idaho Coloring Book
Take this coloring book along with you when you are hiking, photographing, or simply enjoying the outdoors. Published by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and the Pahove Chapter of the Idaho Native Plant Society, this coloring book may be reproduced but not sold. Share it with every child you know!
In the Boise area (plant suppliers)
- Buffalo-Berry Farm email@example.com. Jim Crawford, Margo Conits, (208) 634-3062, 51 E Lake Fork Rd, McCall ID 83638
- Draggin’ Wing High Desert Nursery waterthriftyplants.com firstname.lastname@example.org (plants, demo gardens and landscape design). Diane Jones, (208) 345-4199, 5300 Stinger St, Boise ID 83703
In the Boise area (landscapers)
- Flutterby Gardens Landscaping LLC flutterbygardensmelissa@.gmail.com. Elisa Clark (208) 571-2170, 3777 W. Chinden, Boise (affiliated with North End Organic Nursery NEON)
- Madeline George Garden Design Nursery email@example.com. Kecia Carlson (208) 941-1252, 10550 W Hill Rd Pkwy, Boise 83714
- Peggy Faith 850-9981, Xeric Gardening firstname.lastname@example.org
Many other landscapers also may install buffalo grass and blue grama grass plugs.
- Karie Pappani, President – pahove.chapter.president [at] gmail.com
- Vacant, Vice President –
- Daniel Murphy, Secretary
- Caroline Morris, Treasurer – fleursmorris [at] gmail.com
- Susan Ziebarth, Venue Coordinator – susan.ziebarth [at] idfg.idaho.gov
Write to the Pahove chapter at email@example.com